Sunday, January 10, 2010

16 years ago ...

... today i arrived in New York City (NYC).
wow, how time flies.

i remember the day so clearly. i came with 2 suitcases, $700 in American Express Traveller's checks (that's what you did those days)! a lot of belief in myself and my dream(s).

since then i have not stopped believing in myself or my dreams. it surely hasn't been easy, but i have been lucky and i have busted my ass and put in 100% of effort (for the most part) on a daily basis toward my goals and dream(s). i have met amazing people and gotten constant work and am where i am today because of all of this. nothing was handed to me.

so every year on January 10th i pause and reflect back at the day i arrived here. i am proud of myself and i am grateful to every person along the journey who has contributed to my growth and success.

on this day i feel so blessed.

No comments: