Thursday, June 18, 2009

friends that practice yoga together ...

what horrible weather we have today. i do love the rain, but it has been raining for months now it seems, and i am quite sick of it. i know, it's not very yogic of me to say this, but it's true.

it doesn't matter what the weather is, my students are die-hard, they will come to class no matter rain or shine. for some reason today, only one of my die-hard students showed up, ron. he brought his friend, denise, who he has been friends with since they were 5 years old!!! how great is that. they are both extremely advanced yogis, and today on the most rainy day they decided to practice yoga together. so rod and denise were my two students in class this morning, it was basically a semi-private. they lined their mats up right in front of each other (see the picture).

i am not affected by how many people i have in my class. what matters to me is the energy the people bring to class. these two yogis had such wonderful energy and they were so happy to be there practicing together, it was such a great class and such a joy to teach them.

here they are in a side crow split/ekapada kaundinyasana.
they had already done one side and this is the other side. i quickly found my blackberry and took a picture of them.

so, the friends that do yoga together stay together.

No comments: