Tuesday, August 11, 2009

goa challenge - 1st week


if you listened to my first video log (vlog aug. 2nd) you now know that Goa (me!) is challenging herself in her Goa Challenge! i set out to exercise every day (for 30 days) and the first week i did 6 days. i'm honest! i felt bad about not excercising on friday, BUT i was soooo tired, i couldn't even do restorative yoga. a nap was more important!! i had been up at 4.45am every morning to train clients until noon, did my self-workout from noon-2pm and then mom-in-chief for the rest of the day. it's two full time jobs :-)

[not complaining at all.]
a challenge is a challenge! and a challenge it is! a good one.

i did not do this to lose weight, but more as a mental challenge. also august would give me more time to myself, which is something i was craving. being a mom i don't have 2 hours to workout every single day, and i miss that, i really miss that.
[maybe after this month i will not miss it as much :-) be careful what you wish for, you might get it - and not want it :-)]

for the first week i did not feel like making a plan. i basically wanted to do whatever i felt like doing on that particular day. it worked well, and was alot of fun, and different. i made sure i worked on different things.

i followed my energy. i thought alot about moving in waves, the way Gabrielle Roth describes. and because i listened and followed my energy, the waves changed, and the pattern changed. it's amazing.

i feel so fortunate to be able to put myself through this challenge. i am moving out of the rut i put myself in. and that is PRICELESS!

No comments: