Friday, August 21, 2009

goa challenge - 2nd & 3rd week

helen keller:
"when one door of happiness closes, another opens. we look so long at the closed door, that we do not look at the one opened for us"

being on the Goa Challenge has been such a positive experience for me. i am a true believer in when we push outselves physically, we get huge realisations mentally.
challenging myself abit more has given me clarity in what i WANT to do and what i NEED to do to move forward.

it has become clear to me in my profession that i have to move forward in a more yoga inspired fitness way. one evening in the bathroom after i had showered i was by the sink brushing my teeth and a soft, but clear voice tells me out of the blue: "go for the fusion!"

it's happened to me many times before. one time, when my literary agent and i was shopping for a book contract, we got one offer. i wasn't so sure i was crazy about the offer, but at the same time i was so happy to have gotten an offer! one night in the bathroom brushing my teeth by the sink, a voice comes out of the blue: "you will get a better offer, let this one go!" i let it go and later got a better book offer.

the point is: the voice that talks to me is my intuition, it's the voice that never argues. we all have it! i always listen to it! it's a bit scary to listen to it cause i know it's right. it's just funny that it seems to happen in the bathroom by the sink for me :-)
and it is so interesting that always in that moment the voice talks, i know that my mind is completely still, no chatter is going on, i'm in a state of meditation, and there the voice is very clear. i want to be in this kind of state all the time!! so maybe i need to be in the bathroom brushing my teeth all the time :-)

it has also become clear to me that i don't want to or have to work out every single day, even if the 6th or 7th day is restorative yoga. it's nice to just be OFF, to take a break and not have to think about doing anything other than reading, watching TV, spend time with family/friends, get a manicure/pedicure, surf the net, putter around the house - whatever.
so i now know i am happy with working out 5-6 days a week, but no matter how many days i work out, make every workout count!

from me to you, find your own flow and flow with it!
[carpe diem]

No comments: